Late admission, full ride scholarships Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sasasa

New

Late admission, full ride scholarships

Post by Sasasa » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 am

Do you know anyone who has applied late in the admission cycle and was offered a full ride scholarship? Or a good scholarship in general?

I am taking the LSAT in January and planning to apply end of January but scores won’t be out till February so I am just wondering what are my chances ( besides my GPA/ LSAT score, I know those are important factors) in regards of the timing of the application only.

albanach

Gold

Re: Late admission, full ride scholarships

Post by albanach » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 am

Sasasa wrote:Do you know anyone who has applied late in the admission cycle and was offered a full ride scholarship? Or a good scholarship in general?

I am taking the LSAT in January and planning to apply end of January but scores won’t be out till February so I am just wondering what are my chances ( besides my GPA/ LSAT score, I know those are important factors) in regards of the timing of the application only.
There will always be stories of people receiving large scholarships late in the day. Some scholarship money may free up when seat deposits come due. Someone with a full ride might change their mind on law school.

However it's inevitable that, if you apply later, most scholarship funds will be allocated. What I would suggest is that you pay close attention to your predicted cycle on MyLSN using a range close to your GPA and LSAT. If your offers don't match what is predicted, you can assess whether it's worth waiting a year.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”