Taking any/all advice, suggestions and direction

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Shredzeppelin240

New

Re: Taking any/all advice, suggestions and direction

Postby Shredzeppelin240 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:22 pm

Woa... Just took June 2014 and got a 156... Really kind of hit me hard when I saw that huge dip. I prefer to blind review without seeing how many I got wrong each section but I couldn't help myself and I did much worse across the board in all sections. Immediately went and looked at just the logic games portion and looking at each answer could identify a dumb mistake I did. Definitely a mental battle coming back from this test but I am not deterred. Just telling myself it is a data point in the overall experiment and not indicative of my skills.

Gonna brush myself and make sure I review a section today.

Scutrules

New

Postby Scutrules » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:16 pm

Shredzeppelin240 wrote:Woa... Just took June 2014 and got a 156... Really kind of hit me hard when I saw that huge dip. I prefer to blind review without seeing how many I got wrong each section but I couldn't help myself and I did much worse across the board in all sections. Immediately went and looked at just the logic games portion and looking at each answer could identify a dumb mistake I did. Definitely a mental battle coming back from this test but I am not deterred. Just telling myself it is a data point in the overall experiment and not indicative of my skills.

That happens and it's good that it happened to you during a practice test. Now you'll know to look for those small mistakes in future tests and you won't make them again.

I know you mentioned having a tutor but if you want additional explanations, go to https://7sage.com/. I got a free account and I just looked at the LG that I was having difficulty understanding and watched their breakdown of each problem. I can't explain how much it helped me. Hope it can help you as well!

Shredzeppelin240

New

Postby Shredzeppelin240 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:49 pm

Scutrules wrote:
Shredzeppelin240 wrote:Woa... Just took June 2014 and got a 156... Really kind of hit me hard when I saw that huge dip. I prefer to blind review without seeing how many I got wrong each section but I couldn't help myself and I did much worse across the board in all sections. Immediately went and looked at just the logic games portion and looking at each answer could identify a dumb mistake I did. Definitely a mental battle coming back from this test but I am not deterred. Just telling myself it is a data point in the overall experiment and not indicative of my skills.

That happens and it's good that it happened to you during a practice test. Now you'll know to look for those small mistakes in future tests and you won't make them again.

I know you mentioned having a tutor but if you want additional explanations, go to https://7sage.com/. I got a free account and I just looked at the LG that I was having difficulty understanding and watched their breakdown of each problem. I can't explain how much it helped me. Hope it can help you as well!

Thanks for the encouragement. I can't wait to take my next PT and shake off this anxiety.

Much appreciated!

Shredzeppelin240

New

Postby Shredzeppelin240 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:19 pm

I just took Sept 2014 and scored a 159. I met with my tutor since the last test and he thinks there is a reason my score has been dropping. My test on March 30th is scheduled for 8 am. All my previous tests had been taken between 11am to 1pm. He thinks that since those are the hours I typically am productive and am studying/taking tests that my body isn't adjusted to the earlier time. My last test when I scored a 156 was the first time I had gotten up at 6am and mimicked the timing of test day and took it immediately at 8am. I did the same for today. I'm sort of skeptical of this as much as I hope it is true. Does anyone have any experience with this or heard of how earlier test times can affect scores? I can't seem to figure out why I am back in the 150s and it's becoming a source of anxiety as I am only a month and a half out. I definitely wanted my scores to be higher when I planned out my study schedule so long ago.

Thank you,

Also, my tutor points out that the earlier test time may be an advantage. If his theory is true and I can adjust my body to the earlier time he believes that most of test takers who have been studying have not been consistently practicing that early and that the time will throw them off. Could this be true too?

Cimbom

New

Postby Cimbom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

I am yet to sit the test myself but this is like anything in life - your role is to control your preparation and your performance. You will achieve nothing by worrying about how other people are preparing or how you may have advantages over them. Worry about your own preparation only

Shredzeppelin240

New

Postby Shredzeppelin240 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Took DEC 2014 today: 161.

LR: -11

RC: -7

LG: -8

Thought I honestly did worse on games. I am so inconsistent at it despite giving it the most attention by far. I think I'm worse at grouping games than sequencing so I will giving those way more attention this week. I haven't been posting much I've recently had a lot more going on in my personal life. I promise I am not losing steam for this test. I'm beginning to think I will take March with the mindset to do as best I can and that if it goes well, then great. I will probably retake in June anyways as I will have a few more months to study. If it doesn't go well, same outcome regardless in June.

On reddit I've been seeing a lot of people post their acceptances. very exciting stuff, you can't feel but feel happy for someone when they get the offers they worked so hard for.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�