What should my resume look like? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
elyssa

New

What should my resume look like?

Post by elyssa » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 am

I'm applying for the upcoming cycle and am wondering how much I should/shouldn't include on my resume, as I think most applications allow for two pages rather than your standard single page you'd bring to a job interview. I've been working at a law firm since graduating in 2016, but as an undergrad I primarily made money serving & bartending. Should I include all of those restaurants? Only the later ones, like in my last two years of school? Otherwise, how far back should my work experience go?

JDAdvisingLLC

New

Re: What should my resume look like?

Post by JDAdvisingLLC » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:53 pm

I think it's fine to include the later restaurants on your resume from the last two years of college, assuming it's not too many. If you were job hopping every few months, do not include every single restaurant you worked with. You should not use a full page of your resume to display food industry jobs in college, though I think it's important to demonstrate that you worked your way through school. (Hopefully you have great time management because of it.) Highlight positions that you were in for longer periods of time and if you were a manager or had any managerial duties.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”