Law school admissions consulting... Opinions?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
knjoiner12

New

Law school admissions consulting... Opinions?

Postby knjoiner12 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi, everyone! So, I've been on the fence lately in regards to whether or not I should hire an admissions consulting company to aid with my applications. Just some background info on myself-- I'm a biology major with a 3.2 overall GPA, and while I can't really afford to hire a third-party consulting company, I'm desperate to boost my application. I've looked into Powerscore and 7sage for their consulting, and they're both about the same cost for a full package (I.e. personal statement, resume, etc.), but $3,000 just seems like a LOT of money to spend to boost my app in hopes to get into better schools. Has anyone had first-hand experience with admission consultants? If so, what company, and how was your experience? If not, what resources did you utilize while preparing your app?

TIA! :D

albanach

Gold

Re: Law school admissions consulting... Opinions?

Postby albanach » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:37 am

knjoiner12 wrote:Hi, everyone! So, I've been on the fence lately in regards to whether or not I should hire an admissions consulting company to aid with my applications. Just some background info on myself-- I'm a biology major with a 3.2 overall GPA, and while I can't really afford to hire a third-party consulting company, I'm desperate to boost my application. I've looked into Powerscore and 7sage for their consulting, and they're both about the same cost for a full package (I.e. personal statement, resume, etc.), but $3,000 just seems like a LOT of money to spend to boost my app in hopes to get into better schools. Has anyone had first-hand experience with admission consultants? If so, what company, and how was your experience? If not, what resources did you utilize while preparing your app?

TIA! :D

How do you imagine they will boost your application? Do you have an LSAT score?

Unless they can get you verifiable testimonials from students who outperformed their predicted outcome from MyLSN.info then I wouldn't part with money.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�