Can a recommender modify a recommendation letter after it has been uploaded to LSAC Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lhsieh

New

Can a recommender modify a recommendation letter after it has been uploaded to LSAC

Post by lhsieh » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:25 pm

I was wondering if it's possible for a recommender to change his/her recommendation letter if the letter has already been uploaded (but the application has not been sent out to any schools). If so, how will you know? Will you get a notification from LSAC? Thank you!

NegusDaHabesha

New

Re: Can a recommender modify a recommendation letter after it has been uploaded to LSAC

Post by NegusDaHabesha » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:01 pm

It could be case specific, so I would still call LSAC to be sure, but when I called them they specifically told me that once something has been submitted it cannot be modified.

Buggefraiche

New

Re: Can a recommender modify a recommendation letter after it has been uploaded to LSAC

Post by Buggefraiche » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:27 pm

I think they can upload a new version. I had a recommender who had uploaded a letter in 2016, and when I asked her to update, she submitted a new letter which replaced the original so now that "L1" slot says submitted in July 2018 instead of June 2016. I even called LSAC to confirm it the letter was the new version because I was surprised she could do that (I had originally been told I would need to re-add her as a new recommender and she would upload a new letter, then I would just not assign her old one to any schools).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”