Do I put my LSAC GPA or school-given GPA on my resume? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ballinlikejokic

New

Do I put my LSAC GPA or school-given GPA on my resume?

Post by ballinlikejokic » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Not sure what to do here. Am I assumed to know what the LSAC GPA even is? I am also hesitant about putting something on my resume that doesn't match my transcript.

mmac

New

Re: Do I put my LSAC GPA or school-given GPA on my resume?

Post by mmac » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:50 pm

Hmm, is it advised to put your GPA on your law school resume? Just thinking that they have access to that already....

lawschool99

New

Post by lawschool99 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Put whichever you want to and make sure to label it correctly/accurately. I think schools mostly care about LSAC GPA though.

Biggiesloths

New

Post by Biggiesloths » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:11 pm

Typically, I wouldn't. It is redundant.

However, if you have a stronger major GPA than your overall cumulative GPA (for example, you had a math minor, and you tanked on those classes, and it sunk your overall GPA, but you got straight A's in your major), I think that putting your "major GPA" (as long as it is accurate of course) would be a creative and subtle way to make an argument in your application that you are a better candidate than your raw #'s.

ballinlikejokic

New

Post by ballinlikejokic » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:07 pm

I have heard you can put your school-given GPA and then in parenthesis put (CAS GPA: _.__). Would that work?

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Biggiesloths wrote:Typically, I wouldn't. It is redundant.

However, if you have a stronger major GPA than your overall cumulative GPA (for example, you had a math minor, and you tanked on those classes, and it sunk your overall GPA, but you got straight A's in your major), I think that putting your "major GPA" (as long as it is accurate of course) would be a creative and subtle way to make an argument in your application that you are a better candidate than your raw #'s.
Seconding this. If you have a stronger major GPA, you can list your major GPA on your resume (without including cumulative). Otherwise, law schools only care about LSAC GPA, and it'd be redundant to list it again on your resume.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”