I'm trying to decide whether to apply in September/October or wait until December/January when I'll be graduating. Some background: I'm set on going to one of the two major schools in my area. They're both good options and one of them I'm sure I can get into and the other seems like a 50/50 chance. I'm a major Splitter with my LSAT being in the 75th percentile of both schools and my GPA in the 50th and 25th percentile respectively.
My last semester I only need to take 3 classes that are in my strongest subject area so I'm confident I'll do well and receive a small but noticeable GPA boost.
So my question is, if things go as planned (which I should have a good idea by October), should I wait until I get those final grades showing a strong finish to my degree or apply right when applications open up with the lower GPA on my transcript?
Thanks for the advice!
(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:21 am
I would apply before you get your final grades because you will not get much of a bump from getting 3 As assuming your gpa isn't very very low, but you stated that you are at the 25th or 50th percentiles so i dont believe that is the case for you.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: goingnutslawschool and 13 guests