Where should i apply. 3.9/169 Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mxnyc2

New

Where should i apply. 3.9/169

Post by Mxnyc2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:00 am

Hey guys.
Just got my score back. I am pretty pissed at myself. I was scoring 174s on PT and I come back with a 169.
I am not sure if I can motivate myself to take it again after studying for more than a year.

Here are some stats:
Undergrad: Binghamton University, Major: Philosophy/ Political Science. Spanish Minor
3.9/169

Softs: Writer on Binghamton law journal, Interned at Public Defender's Office, Interned at DA's office, Thurgood Marshall Society and I have a paid job at a food place. I couldn't do as many softs as I would have liked b/c I had to take classes over the summers and work during the year.

I also had a major surgery recently, I guess I could play that up in essays but I feel like that would be very corny.

Not sure where I should even look. My application looks very mediocre and I am incredibly angry with myself.
I was thinking I could be a contender for HYS but obviously that Is unlikely now.

Thanks for the help
-Sad undergrad

Mxnyc2

New

Re: Where should i apply. 3.9/169

Post by Mxnyc2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:02 am

i was also in sigma chi, not sure if i should even include this though

Wubbles

Bronze

Post by Wubbles » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:59 am

first off, your numbers are not mediocre. congrats. secondly, if you were averaging 174's, then you should retake. big stacks of money should be enough to motivate you.

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:37 am

These are great numbers, but I agree that you should retake. A 170+ is going to give you some good money in the T13. Also, the sig chi thing does absolutely nothing. No one is impressed by frat shit except frat kids.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”