LSAC GPA Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
orion

New

LSAC GPA Question

Post by orion » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 pm

Hey y'all,
I'm getting ready to apply to law school, and I was trying to do the math on what my LSAC GPA might be. I'm using the 7sage GPA calculator.
I calculated all the credit hours I have for each particular grade (for example, 18 credit hours of A+s) and multiplied the sum of each grade's credit hours by 0.67 because we're on the quarter system (I attend a UC). Then, I entered the number of credit hours into the calculator for each respective grade. The result was a GPA about 0.15 lower than my UC GPA. Does this process of grade point calculation sound correct?

Also, let's say I apply to law schools in November, and my senior year Fall Quarter grades don't post until December. Would the GPA used by LSAC be my pre-Fall GPA? What happens in respect to Fall/Winter/Spring grades?

I really appreciate any insight you may be able to offer. Thank you!

uncle_rico

New

Re: LSAC GPA Question

Post by uncle_rico » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:55 am

Your LSAC GPA can be lower depending on your grade distribution and how your undergrad weighs grades. When you apply to law schools your application should reflect your GPA at the time of application. However, if your grades go up you can always send an addendum with your updated transcript.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”