When is considered "late" to apply in the cycle? When is the last day one can theoretically apply? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pleaseberkeley

New

When is considered "late" to apply in the cycle? When is the last day one can theoretically apply?

Post by pleaseberkeley » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Hi there, I am graduating this summer and I would like to attend in 2019. I plan on studying for the LSAT for maybe 3 months and taking the November LSAT if its possible. My question in, is this late? I want to apply as early as possible while giving myself adequate time to study. If I apply in December is that "late"?

cannonballer

Bronze

Re: When is considered "late" to apply in the cycle? When is the last day one can theoretically apply?

Post by cannonballer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:59 pm

Applying in December is not late; it’s on the late end of early. But give yourself the space to retake the lsat if necessary, or postpone if you’re not ready. Having two years of work experience instead of one can only help you - and if you’re gunning for Berkeley as your username suggests, you want an LSAT that not only gets you accepted, but maximizes your financial aid. Not saying you can’t get there on your first try, because you can - but if you don’t get there, don’t rush your app just to enroll in 2019. Good luck!

Orpheus

New

Re: When is considered "late" to apply in the cycle? When is the last day one can theoretically apply?

Post by Orpheus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 am

What's your diagnostic? If you're at a 140, I would try to start studying now for the November. If you have a 150/160, I would try studying for September so you can see if you need to retake for November. Also, there isn't a December test anymore. It's been pushed back to January. LSAC is trying to schedule two test dates per season now, so Sept/Nov are fall, and Jan/March are for winter/spring, and June/July for summer.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”