Addendum or just suck it up? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chidori611

New

Addendum or just suck it up?

Post by chidori611 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:58 pm

I know everyone around the sub is excited and anxious to hear back from their schools. As for me, I'll be applying this fall hopefully for law school if I can get my LSAT right.

My current overall is around a 3.57. However, this is because of a 'D' I got in my community college class of Elementary Chemistry. The only thing is, I took the class during sophomore year of high school. I didn't know what I wanted to do, and my Professor urged me to not drop the class as it won't matter for undergrad.

I know the way LSAC calculates your GPA, everything counts until your first bachelor's. Do think it is legitimate to write an addendum about this D? Additionally, I also took some introductory music classes and landed some B's in them during freshmen year of high school. I didn't think much of it at the time. Without those classes, my GPA would be around a 3.68, a pretty big leap. Some people have said that writing an addendum doesn't make sense because there's no legitimate or meaningful thing to write. Is this just an unlucky result of how the admissions calculate GPA. During high school, I had no idea that these classes I was just taking were gonna end up detrimental my college GPA. Should I just suck it up, take the hit and focus on scoring as high as I can on my LSAT?

Thanks to anyone who offers their thoughts and opinions on my situation. I appreciate it.

nixy

Gold

Re: Addendum or just suck it up?

Post by nixy » Thu May 24, 2018 11:14 pm

It will be clear from your transcript that these grades were from when you were in high school. You don't need to explain that.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”