Is the San Francisco Bay Area the most competitive? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ToAbsolutelyNOBODY

New

Is the San Francisco Bay Area the most competitive?

Post by ToAbsolutelyNOBODY » Fri May 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Is it even worth going to the Bay Area unless u go to Stanford, Berkeley, or Hastings?

Like other T3 schools which are regional to kind of well such as U San Diego etc. But do all the Bay Area jobs get taken by the three schools mentioned above?

AmbulanceChas3r

New

Re: Is the San Francisco Bay Area the most competitive?

Post by AmbulanceChas3r » Sun May 20, 2018 2:01 am

I think DC is more competitive if you're talking about the biglaw market. I'm just a 0l talking outta my ass though

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Is the San Francisco Bay Area the most competitive?

Post by sparkytrainer » Sun May 20, 2018 2:46 pm

ToAbsolutelyNOBODY wrote:Is it even worth going to the Bay Area unless u go to Stanford, Berkeley, or Hastings?

Like other T3 schools which are regional to kind of well such as U San Diego etc. But do all the Bay Area jobs get taken by the three schools mentioned above?
SF is one of the more competitive markets. Not as competitive as DC, but certainly competitive. The truth of the matter is this: if you aren't at a t13, your chances of biglaw are small and getting worse. The biglaw hiring market is not growing, its receding/stabilizing. The summer associate classes for last year were down 25% in size from the year before. But even not biglaw, San Fran is a hot market that a lot of students want to be in because its trendy.

For a market such as San Fran, you would not only be competing against the Stanford and Berk kids, but also the rest of the t13. I know at my non-cali t13 San Fran was a hot market and a good chunk of my class tried to get it, with each person who wanted it ended up getting it. That would not be the case at a t3 school.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”