Apply to lower level schools and transfer or wait and reapply? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NavyBear95

New

Apply to lower level schools and transfer or wait and reapply?

Post by NavyBear95 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:17 pm

I have applied to Davis, Hastings, and Irvine, and I did not get into any of them. I have a 3.1 undergrad GPA (LSAC gave me a 2.9--- I was suicidal, failed 3 classes, retook 2 of them- 1 never offered again, helped my GPA at UC Berkeley my undergrad school, but suffered for LSAC purposes). my LSAT is a 151. I have a ton of softs, good letters of rec (DOI, CEO, Non Profit founder, Haas Professor), lots of work experience.

Obviously, I might have aimed to high with only applying to T1 schools. There are still some T2 and high T3 schools accepting law school applications right now for fall 2018, though most not in my intended practice location (bay area). Should I apply to these lower ranked schools with the intention of transferring up, OR retake the LSAT (because I can't do anything about my GPA) and work in the legal field and apply next cycle?

Thanks!

TrustMeImALawStudent

New

Re: Apply to lower level schools and transfer or wait and reapply?

Post by TrustMeImALawStudent » Thu May 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Don't go to a T2 or T3 school. Spend your time studying for the LSAT, retake, and reassess. It is more difficult to work to get to the top of your law school class than it is to work and do better on the LSAT.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”