Can you appeal admissions rejection/denial???? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LegalBeagle3

New

Can you appeal admissions rejection/denial????

Post by LegalBeagle3 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:53 pm

Hello,

Got rejected from a few schools that are my primary choices. Got accepted to some that are not in my best interests now, due to distance (recently moved) and a newborn baby.

My LSAT Is slightly above range of their median score.

Undergraduate GPA and graduate GPA's (I have two MBAs) are respectable as well. Also +10 years of corporate work experience.

I was wondering what circumstances i can share with the school to appeal a rejection/denial of admission.

I was told for an appeal to have merit, it should bring to light new academic and personal information, which had not been present in the original application.

Has anyone had any experience with this before? I'm not looking to lie to them, just maybe I neglected something that might sway them to change their mind.

I figure I have nothing to lose.

Thanks in advance.

albanach

Gold

Re: Can you appeal admissions rejection/denial????

Post by albanach » Tue May 08, 2018 11:22 pm

You might lose the ability to apply next cycle (okay, not the ability to apply, but the chance for your application to get serious consideration).

Unless you think there's something truly pertinent missing from your application, I would wait and really next cycle.

If your GPA is below median you might want to try for another could of points on the lsat to boost your chances. Other than that, I'd put the time and effort into revising your application and essays.

BeeTeeZ

Bronze

Post by BeeTeeZ » Wed May 09, 2018 3:00 pm

LegalBeagle3 wrote:I was told for an appeal to have merit, it should bring to light new academic and personal information, which had not been present in the original application.
Is there any such information you can inform the schools of?

JusticeChuckleNutz

New

Post by JusticeChuckleNutz » Wed May 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Lol hahaha. Why would they allow you to do something like this?

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Wed May 09, 2018 3:49 pm

You can, but if for say you got a new lsat score.

This is my actual true story.

Had mid 160s lsat score. Rejected/waitlisted at t13 schools. Retook in June. Got a 175+. Asked for reconsideration. Got in with $$$ in July, 3 weeks before start of classes because I asked for reconsideration.

Guess why the change in admissions decisions? The lsat score. Others have done similar things. But if you are just asking for general reconsideration without a new killer lsat or something, then you are just going to get laughed at.

LegalBeagle3

New

Post by LegalBeagle3 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:00 am

Thanks for the replies. will look into retaking the LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”