What is considered a strong resume? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CoGar

New

What is considered a strong resume?

Post by CoGar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Hey guys curious what this community thinks would be considered a strong resume? One that could potentially make up for a lower GPA (3.3)? It seems like alot of people on here talk about their strong work experience coming out of college or having worked for 2-3 years in between law school, but i'd like to see what is actually considered "strong" and legitimately impactful in the admissions process.

totesTheGoat

Silver

Re: What is considered a strong resume?

Post by totesTheGoat » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:08 am

Work experience is minimally helpful in admissions. It's more helpful in getting a job. By and large, unless you've done something quite unique, you're going to do as well as your GPA, LSAT, and URM status when it comes to admissions.

Bla Bla Bla Blah

Bronze

Post by Bla Bla Bla Blah » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:11 am

Puts up at least 250 three times on the bench. Runs a sub 4.4 in the 40. Tests negative for substances. You know, the ush.

BeeTeeZ

Bronze

Post by BeeTeeZ » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:18 am

From my limited experience, every "strong resume" should have the following, in order of importance: (1) high LSAT score; (2) high GPA from a well-regarded undergraduate school--bonus points for grad school(s); (3) some work experience; (4) volunteer experience--particularly when applying to law schools; (5) an "interests" section--really.

Yulifus

New

Post by Yulifus » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Strong resume should underline your strong points: academic honors, high LSAT score, extracurricular activities, volunteer work, professional experience after high school to present.

I didn't include hobbies on my resume because I didn't feel it was relevant. But you should definitely underline where you excel.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”