169, 3.53 cgpa, from Toronto, where are my chances realistically? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tdot6

New

169, 3.53 cgpa, from Toronto, where are my chances realistically?

Post by tdot6 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi there. My cgpa is 3.53, did LSAT twice, got 161 in Sept 2017 and then 169 in Dec 2017. I have a masters of public policy, one year program, GPA 3.88. Two-and-a-half years of work experience with my provincial government as a policy analyst. Very active with extracurriculars as well as volunteering with my community. Middle eastern background, religious minority.

Applied to: Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, NYU, UVA, UPenn, USC, Cornell, Georgetown. Columbia emailed me last week putting me on their Reserve group, they say they will email me again with an update in late May. Cornell invited me for an interview. NYU emailed me saying my file is still under review and that they will notify me before end of April.

Any thoughts on where I can get in realistically? Scholarships maybe?

G_willy

New

Re: 169, 3.53 cgpa, from Toronto, where are my chances realistically?

Post by G_willy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:47 pm

My predictions:
HYS - out , unless your extracurriculars are incredible
CCN - chances are much higher here, your cgpa is still pretty low (might get in here at sticker after being waitlisted), NYU your best shot
UVA, Penn, USC, Georgetown, Cornell - UVA and Georgetown are your best shot.

I have you accepted at t11-14 at sticker. Your work experience and "diversity" will be appealing to admissions, but I think your gpa is too low for a T6 admit.

If you want T6 you'll likely need a higher LSAT score (think 173+), HYS will be tough with your gpa but CCN are not out of your realm with a higher LSAT. If you are happy with lower t14 at sticker you might not need to retake. If not, just go to law school at a mid tier Canadian uni (I am assuming you are Canadian since you are from UofT). You might get waitlisted --> acceptance at UofT if your MPP is from there.

That is my honest opinion, but anything is possible. Good luck.

tdot6

New

Re: 169, 3.53 cgpa, from Toronto, where are my chances realistically?

Post by tdot6 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Thank you G_willy !

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”