LSAC GPA on Resume Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
skinne

New

LSAC GPA on Resume

Post by skinne » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Had a quick question. Turned in my applications about a month ago, but I feel off about the GPA that I reported on my resume. I went to UTSA my first year of undergrad, had a 4.0. Then went to McCombs at UT and graduated with a 3.55. Naturally, my cumulative LSAC GPA was much higher (3.69) than the GPA I graduated with from UT (3.55). Not really thinking, I put my GPA as such on my resume: Cumulative GPA: 3.69. Now I'm thinking that law schools will see this and think that I'm dishonest about the gpa that I'm reporting. Any thoughts on this? Should I try to resubmit a different resume?

preamble

Bronze

Re: LSAC GPA on Resume

Post by preamble » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:48 pm

I don't see it as dishonest -- law schools presumably care more about the LSAC GPA since that's the GPA they use when evaluating your application. Putting that GPA on your resume seems pretty transparent.

hookem7

Bronze

Re: LSAC GPA on Resume

Post by hookem7 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Went to UT also and you better believe I included the 8 credits of 4.0 I got at ACC one summer when calculating my resume GPA for applications. Did something similar w/ noting it was "cumulative" so you should be fine. I outperformed my numbers if anything so that definitely didn't ring dishonest for schools.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”