Please help! Hold for a second review but not a wait list?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
firstwatch54

New

Please help! Hold for a second review but not a wait list?

Postby firstwatch54 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:27 am

I just received this email from one of the law schools I've applied to last month. I don't know what this means?
It's the first update I've heard back from a law school I've applied to.
The email said "this is a normal step" and "not a wait list" ?

What does this mean exactly? IF it's not a wait list, what is it exactly? Isn't being placed on "Hold" mean wait list? Why a second review?

Should I send in a LOCI now? (but the email I received below says it is NOT a wait list?) anything I can do/send right now to improve my chances?

thanks

"Your application for admission has been reviewed, however, a final decision cannot be made at this time. Your application has been placed on "Hold" pending a second review. This is a normal step in our process and not a Wait List.
Due to the number of worthy applications we receive each year, decisions do not always come easily. Your application will be re-evaluated at a later date for a decision. We will keep you posted on your status.
We appreciate your patience and the time you took to apply. You may continue to monitor the status of your application by logging on to our website. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office."

goldenbear2020

Silver

Re: Please help! Hold for a second review but not a wait list?

Postby goldenbear2020 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 am

Waitlist means you might get another look after the first deposit deadline around April or May, when they know how many seats, if any, are still available after accepted students have enrolled.

Hold means you will get another look after all the applications are in (after their application deadline or the Feb. LSAT scores are posted), so they can compare you with the full applicant pool and make final decisions.

firstwatch54

New

Re: Please help! Hold for a second review but not a wait list?

Postby firstwatch54 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:50 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:Waitlist means you might get another look after the first deposit deadline around April or May, when they know how many seats, if any, are still available after accepted students have enrolled.

Hold means you will get another look after all the applications are in (after their application deadline or the Feb. LSAT scores are posted), so they can compare you with the full applicant pool and make final decisions.

Thank you so much. Since I am on Hold, should I be sending them anything to improve my chances of getting accepted? Would sending a LOCI be too early for now?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�