Addendum Advice!?! Clueless.. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hsheikh1

New

Addendum Advice!?! Clueless..

Post by hsheikh1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi everyone!

I need advice on two different addendums:

1) LSAT Addendum -- So I took the December 2016 LSAT, December 2017 LSAT and will be taking February 2018 LSAT. Both of my December scores are terrible -- 50th percentile. I definitely plan on breaking the 70th to 80th percentile in February due to new study habits and such.
I will be applying to all schools before February 1st and asking them to hold my application for review until February comes in.

My question is this: How do I phrase the LSAT Addendum so that it says -- those scores are not an accurate reflection of my ability and such? Because my main dilemma is that February score comes out closer to March, but I don't know my score for sure. How do i go about puttig together the LSAT Addendum?

2) Year off Addendum: I took a year off after graduating this past May. Do I write an addendum? In my time off, I have done two prestigious law related internships, and have worked in a law office for experience. Do I need an addendum or no?

Thanks for all your help guys!

cavalier1138

Re: Addendum Advice!?! Clueless..

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:06 pm

1. No point in writing an addendum for this.

2. No point in writing an addendum for this.

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Addendum Advice!?! Clueless..

Post by Pneumonia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Neither of these need an addendum.

1). It's been a while, but I think LSAC notifies the school if you have a pending score. If that's no longer the case, then sure, write something telling asking them to please hold your application until February scores release. But by no means should you talk about your past scores "not reflecting your abilities" or whatever.

2). Why would this need an addendum? Work experience is the norm, and aren't your internships reflected on your resume?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”