Wait on USC Rothman Essay?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jrk02013

New

Wait on USC Rothman Essay?

Postby jrk02013 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:21 pm

I want to apply for the Rothman Scholarship at USC, but I'm not sure if I should do it now. If they want me to/think my numbers are high enough, will you contact me separately? This would mean that I wouldn't waste my time on apps right now. Thanks in advance!

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Re: Wait on USC Rothman Essay?

Postby BlendedUnicorn » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:17 pm

From the website, "To be considered, you must submit an additional statement (look for the prompt in the admission application) and complete your law school application by the February 1 priority deadline."

That doesn't read like something they'll invite you to do. You either take the initiative and do it or you aren't considered. I can't imagine why this is a question.

jrk02013

New

Postby jrk02013 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply! That's what I thought as well, but I also happened across this post on TLS (viewtopic.php?t=49631), which makes it sound like it's something you can also be invited to. Hence, the uncertainty. I suppose it's safer to just do it, but I just wanted to know for sure.

bosshawg

New

Postby bosshawg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:24 pm

jrk02013 wrote:Hi, thanks for your reply! That's what I thought as well, but I also happened across this post on TLS (viewtopic.php?t=49631), which makes it sound like it's something you can also be invited to. Hence, the uncertainty. I suppose it's safer to just do it, but I just wanted to know for sure.

I got an email saying something along the lines that I may be a good candidate for the scholarship or something like that, but was prob just a mass email to students they sent merit waivers to.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�