Is reapplying to schools that admitted you bad? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cityb101

New

Is reapplying to schools that admitted you bad?

Post by cityb101 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:44 pm

I applied to many T-14 (plus UCLA/GULC) in the last two weeks using my December score: 170. I know I can do better on the LSAT, so I'm retaking in February. My UGPA is 3.98.

I know I could get more scholarship $ if I apply early in the cycle, with a little more work experience, and with a slightly higher LSAT score. My question: will schools automatically ding me if I don't take their acceptance the first time around? For instance, let's say I get into NYU. If I turn them down, will they be much more likely to reject me in the future? Or would they not really care, and instead throw me money if I reapply with a 172/3 next September after a year-ish working in consulting?

FWIW I'd plan to write well-researched addenda explaining the situation for each school (i.e. After much deliberation, I realized that working in X field would be an enormous asset both in law school and in my legal career to follow, which is why I chose to reapply after being admitted during the 2017-2018 academic year. I'm confident that my work experience has broadened my outlook and will make me a more successful law student than I would have been last/2 years ago. In particular, my work on X project has opened my eyes to new fields in law, such as X and X; I'm particularly eager to take Prof. X's class in X sub-specialty).

Thoughts? TIA!

NavyNuke

Bronze

Re: Is reapplying to schools that admitted you bad?

Post by NavyNuke » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”