How Important is UGPA with Experience?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
vwhorley

New

How Important is UGPA with Experience?

Postby vwhorley » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:54 am

Hi All,

I have a 3.05 undergrad GPA when I graduated in spring 2015. Since then, I have had stable employment in my future field and am doing significant studying for the LSAT which I will get accommodations for. My question is, how important is the GPA? I was diagnosed with something covered by ADA, an autoimmune disease, and had bad mono all over the course of a year. All of that coupled with an attempt at majoring in a hard science before switching majors made my GPA drop. The only T14 I would want is UVa and that's because I grew up in the area and could live at home for free, so that's my goal.

Anyone have insight?

UVA2B

Gold

Re: How Important is UGPA with Experience?

Postby UVA2B » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:01 pm

A. 3.05 with a high enough LSAT can definitely get you UVA. With a documented medical condition, you can also submit a GPA addendum that will help understand that GPA. I personally wouldn't bring in your decision to switch from a hard science to another major in that addendum. Just document your medical condition and how if affected your academic performance. Then finish it with how you've managed to get the condition under control so that it won't affect your law school performance.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�