Admissions Strategery Help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jci007

New

Admissions Strategery Help

Post by jci007 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:53 am

Hello everyone,

I think that I've decided to take the February LSAT after scoring a 169 in December. Even though that's only 1-2 points below my PT average, I think cracking into the 170 area could really help me out with scholarships and waitlists. I've already sent in my apps for all of the T-14 besides Columbia, Harvard, Stanford, and Chicago (not applying to Yale).

My question is: Should I wait until it gets closer to the February date to apply to those 4 schools where my LSAT isn't at their median or should I send them now? I am at or above all of the schools 75th% for GPA.

Also, should I send an email to the schools I've already applied to noting that I am taking the LSAT in February? When I sent them in I didn't mark it down because I hadn't decided to take it yet. For the schools where I'm at the median LSAT, I would want them to review my app without waiting for the February score.

Thank you!

Rigo

Diamond

Re: Admissions Strategery Help

Post by Rigo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:22 am

I'd send now. It's not like you're expecting a 173+, and you're not gonna be autodinged with that high a GPA. They'll probably hold you until February score release. Chicago, for instance, might jump on you now.

No need to tell schools you've applied to you're retaking. They're able to see that you are, and there's not a positive to telling them since you have admit numbers.

181plz

Bronze

Re: Admissions Strategery Help

Post by 181plz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:23 am

Rigo wrote:I'd send now. It's not like you're expecting a 173+, and you're not gonna be autodinged with that high a GPA. They'll probably hold you until February score release. Chicago, for instance, might jump on you now.

No need to tell schools you've applied to you're retaking. They're able to see that you are, and there's not a positive to telling them since you have admit numbers.

In regard to telling schools about a retake, iirc some schools requested (on their application) that they be notified if the applicant decided to retake. I thought adcomms would be offended if I failed to do so. Mentioning this because I’m also thinking about registering for feb tomorrow, and have been pondering how to deal with current apps.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”