Apply ASAP or Tailor Essays

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Gorrest_Fump

New

Apply ASAP or Tailor Essays

Postby Gorrest_Fump » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:03 am

I did not anticipate applying for admission for fall 2018 but I was pleasantly surprised by my December LSAT score (175+/3.9+GPA) and decided to give it a go this year.

I am deciding whether or not the essay tailoring/why x essay drafting would be worth the penalty associated with submitting my apps a little bit later (I guesstimate 2-3 weeks). Would appreciate any insight you TLSers might have. Thanks!

I will be applying to the following schools:
Yale
Harvard
Stanford
NYU
UC Berkeley
UVA
Duke
Penn
Michigan

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Apply ASAP or Tailor Essays

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:40 am

You don't need "Why [X]" statements for HYSCCN (and you should absolutely be applying to Columbia and Chicago). So submit those apps now, and do the others after crafting the "Why [X]" statements for those schools.

Gorrest_Fump

New

Postby Gorrest_Fump » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:48 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:You don't need "Why [X]" statements for HYSCCN (and you should absolutely be applying to Columbia and Chicago). So submit those apps now, and do the others after crafting the "Why [X]" statements for those schools.

Thanks cavalier! I appreciate the info!

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:02 pm

Yeah go for it now on HSCCN, then do some Why X for the others (it shouldn't take you 2-3 weeks, knock them out in a day).
You can spend a little more time on your Yale 250, I suppose. Though once again, 2-3 weeks is excessive.

Also, why are you not doing Chicago or Columbia? That's nuts, since you are Ruby and Hamilton candidate.

Gorrest_Fump

New

Postby Gorrest_Fump » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Rigo wrote:Yeah go for it now on HSCCN, then do some Why X for the others (it shouldn't take you 2-3 weeks, knock them out in a day).
You can spend a little more time on your Yale 250, I suppose. Though once again, 2-3 weeks is excessive.

Also, why are you not doing Chicago or Columbia? That's nuts, since you are Ruby and Hamilton candidate.

Thanks for the advice Rigo! I guess I didn't think those schools were a good fit since I am keen on doing PI so I never took a deep dive on their endowed scholarships. I'll make sure I add them to the list of schools I'm applying for.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�