165, 3.9: Louisiana

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LieutenantElmo

New

165, 3.9: Louisiana

Postby LieutenantElmo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Please, no retake statements! Wondering if anyone has experience with Louisiana law schools, specifically LSU and Tulane and scholarships.

Secondly, how do I deal with feeling like I'm underselling myself when attending a regionally dominant school that will give me significant amount of money in the region I want to work/live.

Please help....

goingnutslawschool

New

Re: 165, 3.9: Louisiana

Postby goingnutslawschool » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:12 pm

Why do you feel like you are underselling yourself? I’m not sure that I understand this. You are applying to schools where you want to work, correct? And where you are likely to get scholarships with your stats.? So you get a scholarship with little to no debt and you get to build a network in the state you want to practice in and you are not feeling good about it? Do you want a more prestigious law school and if so, why? What would be different? How would the outcome be different?

LieutenantElmo

New

Postby LieutenantElmo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:55 am

goingnutslawschool wrote:Why do you feel like you are underselling yourself? I’m not sure that I understand this. You are applying to schools where you want to work, correct? And where you are likely to get scholarships with your stats.? So you get a scholarship with little to no debt and you get to build a network in the state you want to practice in and you are not feeling good about it? Do you want a more prestigious law school and if so, why? What would be different? How would the outcome be different?

Thanks for the reply. I think it is, as a result of TLS partially, that I have inadvertently placed self worth on my score and school of attendance. Thus, my 50+ ranked schools are great but I feel somewhat underselling: how do I fix this? Lol for all the psychologists

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:38 pm

I mean, do you have reasonable goals within Louisiana?

Your LSAT is middling and not enough to get your great T13 offers, so this is probably the right play if you want Louisiana.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:56 pm

LieutenantElmo wrote:
goingnutslawschool wrote:Why do you feel like you are underselling yourself? I’m not sure that I understand this. You are applying to schools where you want to work, correct? And where you are likely to get scholarships with your stats.? So you get a scholarship with little to no debt and you get to build a network in the state you want to practice in and you are not feeling good about it? Do you want a more prestigious law school and if so, why? What would be different? How would the outcome be different?

Thanks for the reply. I think it is, as a result of TLS partially, that I have inadvertently placed self worth on my score and school of attendance. Thus, my 50+ ranked schools are great but I feel somewhat underselling: how do I fix this? Lol for all the psychologists

That's kind of weird, since literally no one on this site would tell someone interested in regional work (especially in Louisiana) to forego their state flagship for a T13.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?