Fall grades after submitting applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mace

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby mace » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:45 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:I'm so confused. Is this a sock puppet?


The good 'ole "this person has a point but I don't want to concede that I was wrong, so let's attack his credibility!" If you actually doubt me, PM me and I'll send you proof. I'll try to straighten out your "confusion".

mcmand

Silver
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby mcmand » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:52 pm

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt, edcat. Good luck at Yale.

OP just update your transcripts with LSAC and all will be fine!
Last edited by mcmand on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edcat

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby edcat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:58 pm

mace wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:I'm so confused. Is this a sock puppet?


The good 'ole "this person has a point but I don't want to concede that I was wrong, so let's attack his credibility!" If you actually doubt me, PM me and I'll send you proof. I'll try to straighten out your "confusion".


Hey Cav. Surprise, I'm not Mace. I don't have a business which is one of what I'm sure are many other differences. We both do appear to be K-JDs with full scholarships that you want us to turn down to get out of college work experience though.

Mace,
That said, I can't imagine how you are going to prove you are not me via PM. As far as I know no one knows who I am so unless you have evidence of not making the posts I am making this seems hard to prove. I'm also not willing to reveal my identity to satiate the impulses of Cav's conspiratorial mind.

Good luck anyway though and have a good rest of your cycle.

edcat

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby edcat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:07 pm

mcmand wrote:I'm sorry your feelings are hurt, edcat. Good luck at Yale.


So I assume that you maintain that KJD people should turn down any outcome no matter how good to get invaluable life experience and the chance for a worse outcome down the road?

My feelings are not hurt. I'm not sure what you think would have hurt them. And if you read that old chain of posts I think you would know I never indicated that I thought I had a good chance at Yale admissions. The whole point was that since I didn't have a reasonable chance I should take a risk on my essay which I have(albeit a different slightly milder one since my odds improved beyond negligible as a result of my retake of the LSAT).

Have a nice life. Good luck with learning about basic logical fallacies!

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29306
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:35 pm

edcat wrote:Hey Cav. Surprise, I'm not Mace. I don't have a business which is one of what I'm sure are many other differences. We both do appear to be K-JDs with full scholarships that you want us to turn down to get out of college work experience though.

I'm not sure why people are bringing up this straw man? Saying people should take time off and get work/life experience before going to law school isn't the same as saying someone should turn down a full scholarship once awarded.

K-JDs obviously often have great outcomes. I personally agree that they would have better outcomes after gaining the maturity/experience that comes from living on your own/working full-time not as a student. (I'm not including non-trads in the K-JD camp here.)

And for the record, no, mace doesn't appear to be edcat. But edcat, I'm also not sure why you took the advice to the OP quite so personally.

edcat

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby edcat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:00 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
edcat wrote:Hey Cav. Surprise, I'm not Mace. I don't have a business which is one of what I'm sure are many other differences. We both do appear to be K-JDs with full scholarships that you want us to turn down to get out of college work experience though.

I'm not sure why people are bringing up this straw man? Saying people should take time off and get work/life experience before going to law school isn't the same as saying someone should turn down a full scholarship once awarded.

K-JDs obviously often have great outcomes. I personally agree that they would have better outcomes after gaining the maturity/experience that comes from living on your own/working full-time not as a student. (I'm not including non-trads in the K-JD camp here.)

And for the record, no, mace doesn't appear to be edcat. But edcat, I'm also not sure why you took the advice to the OP quite so personally.


I didn't take UVAs unsolicited advice to the OP personally. I just pointed out where it was wrong regarding for instance his absurd misuse of the law of averages.

In response it was asserted by UVA that it was always better for KJDs to wait. Both me and later Mace noted that is not true that it is always better for KJDs to wait. There are cases where it is better to apply or accept an offer as a KJD.

Instead of responding to that fairly obvious point or simply conceding it UVA and Cav began their ad hominem attacks which have culminated in claiming that Mace was my "sock puppet" simply because he didn't agree with everything they said.

Thanks for your "magnanimous" admission that I am myself and not Mace.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby Rigo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Just because you get a great outcome as a k-jd doesn't mean it wouldn't have been better to wait.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29306
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:16 pm

edcat wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
edcat wrote:Hey Cav. Surprise, I'm not Mace. I don't have a business which is one of what I'm sure are many other differences. We both do appear to be K-JDs with full scholarships that you want us to turn down to get out of college work experience though.

I'm not sure why people are bringing up this straw man? Saying people should take time off and get work/life experience before going to law school isn't the same as saying someone should turn down a full scholarship once awarded.

K-JDs obviously often have great outcomes. I personally agree that they would have better outcomes after gaining the maturity/experience that comes from living on your own/working full-time not as a student. (I'm not including non-trads in the K-JD camp here.)

And for the record, no, mace doesn't appear to be edcat. But edcat, I'm also not sure why you took the advice to the OP quite so personally.


I didn't take UVAs unsolicited advice to the OP personally. I just pointed out where it was wrong regarding for instance his absurd misuse of the law of averages.

In response it was asserted by UVA that it was always better for KJDs to wait. Both me and later Mace noted that is not true that it is always better for KJDs to wait. There are cases where it is better to apply or accept an offer as a KJD.

Instead of responding to that fairly obvious point or simply conceding it UVA and Cav began their ad hominem attacks which have culminated in claiming that Mace was my "sock puppet" simply because he didn't agree with everything they said.

Thanks for your "magnanimous" admission that I am myself and not Mace.

Not sure why you put "magnaminous" in quotes - and fwiw it's not uncommon for people actually to start a second account and sock-puppet themselves.

And again
Rigo wrote:Just because you get a great outcome as a k-jd doesn't mean it wouldn't have been better to wait.

edcat

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby edcat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Rigo wrote:Just because you get a great outcome as a k-jd doesn't mean it wouldn't have been better to wait.


It does if the prospects for a great outcome are worse in the future due to uncertainty in the law school admmissions world. That uncertainty comes from the Prosper act and the GRE as explained pre chorus of the Ad Hominems. You know that famous bird in the hand vs 1.1 birds in the bush argument.

Waiting and gaining experience has value. However, certainty has value too. We know what the law school admissions landscape looks like today. We will know what offers we have if we apply this year. The certainty of a good outcome today will trump waiting to see if things change as they might and prevent us from securing the same outcome in the future.

I'm not even arguing that my outcome(currently just a full ride just outside of the top 14) justifies it. But outcomes I hope to get this cycle and that plenty of KJDs with my numbers have gotten before certainly would.

I don't know if the OP will get an outcome that he, you, or I would consider worth it. If TLS hasn't revealed itself to him as too much of a cess pool of ad hominem attacks masquerading as help, then we may yet find out.

cavalier1138

Platinum
Posts: 5019
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby cavalier1138 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:21 pm

I was going to say something, but Nony already covered all the salient points.

I'm really excited for more of this on every thread you get involved in.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby Rigo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Was Ad Hominem the word/phrase of the day? Damn.

edcat

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby edcat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:30 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
edcat wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
edcat wrote:Hey Cav. Surprise, I'm not Mace. I don't have a business which is one of what I'm sure are many other differences. We both do appear to be K-JDs with full scholarships that you want us to turn down to get out of college work experience though.

I'm not sure why people are bringing up this straw man? Saying people should take time off and get work/life experience before going to law school isn't the same as saying someone should turn down a full scholarship once awarded.

K-JDs obviously often have great outcomes. I personally agree that they would have better outcomes after gaining the maturity/experience that comes from living on your own/working full-time not as a student. (I'm not including non-trads in the K-JD camp here.)

And for the record, no, mace doesn't appear to be edcat. But edcat, I'm also not sure why you took the advice to the OP quite so personally.


I didn't take UVAs unsolicited advice to the OP personally. I just pointed out where it was wrong regarding for instance his absurd misuse of the law of averages.

In response it was asserted by UVA that it was always better for KJDs to wait. Both me and later Mace noted that is not true that it is always better for KJDs to wait. There are cases where it is better to apply or accept an offer as a KJD.

Instead of responding to that fairly obvious point or simply conceding it UVA and Cav began their ad hominem attacks which have culminated in claiming that Mace was my "sock puppet" simply because he didn't agree with everything they said.

Thanks for your "magnanimous" admission that I am myself and not Mace.

Not sure why you put "magnaminous" in quotes - and fwiw it's not uncommon for people actually to start a second account and sock-puppet themselves.

And again
Rigo wrote:Just because you get a great outcome as a k-jd doesn't mean it wouldn't have been better to wait.


The fact that you falsely or accurately accuse people of creating fake accounts frequently enough that you have as clever and cute a name as sock puppet for it is appalling and speaks to the atmosphere fostered by frequent posters like you, cav, and UVA on TLS.

I put the quotes around magnanimous because I can't pretend to be profoundly grateful that you have admitted what should have been the obvious and presumed truth that Mace is not a fake account made by me.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby Rigo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Yeah Nony you should take a long hard look in the mirror. Shame on you.

edcat

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby edcat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Rigo wrote:Was Ad Hominem the word/phrase of the day? Damn.


Yes, for mcmand since he didn't know what it was. For UVA the term of the day is still law of averages.

cavalier1138

Platinum
Posts: 5019
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby cavalier1138 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Rigo wrote:Yeah Nony you should take a long hard look in the mirror. Shame on you.


https://youtu.be/PivWY9wn5ps

mace

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby mace » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:39 pm

But of course I’m not edcat; while you were all busy quarreling, I was too busy watching the NFL help the patriots cheat their way to a victory over my Steelers.

Edit: cheat (again)

edcat

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby edcat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 pm

mace wrote:But of course I’m not edcat; while you were all busy quarreling, I was too busy watching the NFL help the patriots cheat their way to a victory over my Steelers.

Edit: cheat (again)


And I am exclusively a college football fan so I wasn't aware there was a pro game of significance tonight.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29306
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:33 pm

edcat wrote:The fact that you falsely or accurately accuse people of creating fake accounts frequently enough that you have as clever and cute a name as sock puppet for it is appalling and speaks to the atmosphere fostered by frequent posters like you, cav, and UVA on TLS.

I put the quotes around magnanimous because I can't pretend to be profoundly grateful that you have admitted what should have been the obvious and presumed truth that Mace is not a fake account made by me.

What on earth???

Have you not been on the internet before? I didn't come up with the concept of sock puppeting, it's not limited to TLS, it happens here and in all kind of online forums, and I didn't accuse you of doing it, nor did I expect you to be profoundly grateful for anything - I was simply trying to nip that particular argument in the bud. However, since you seem unfamiliar with the concept, a common sign of sock puppeting is when someone makes an account at the same time that they join in an argument to defend one particular side, so while mace wasn't you, it actually wasn't a ridiculous reaction.

(Also go Pats.)

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29306
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:35 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Rigo wrote:Yeah Nony you should take a long hard look in the mirror. Shame on you.


https://youtu.be/PivWY9wn5ps

Dammit now I have this stuck in my head.

mace

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby mace » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
edcat wrote:The fact that you falsely or accurately accuse people of creating fake accounts frequently enough that you have as clever and cute a name as sock puppet for it is appalling and speaks to the atmosphere fostered by frequent posters like you, cav, and UVA on TLS.

I put the quotes around magnanimous because I can't pretend to be profoundly grateful that you have admitted what should have been the obvious and presumed truth that Mace is not a fake account made by me.

What on earth???

Have you not been on the internet before? I didn't come up with the concept of sock puppeting, it's not limited to TLS, it happens here and in all kind of online forums, and I didn't accuse you of doing it, nor did I expect you to be profoundly grateful for anything - I was simply trying to nip that particular argument in the bud. However, since you seem unfamiliar with the concept, a common sign of sock puppeting is when someone makes an account at the same time that they join in an argument to defend one particular side, so while mace wasn't you, it actually wasn't a ridiculous reaction.

(Also go Pats.)


Really don't care whether i'm considered a sock puppet or not, but I will say I don't agree with how edcat, uva, or cav are currently using this platform. One of the reasons I joined is for the great advice that most of the latter mentioned provide; not to see all 0Ls (such as myself) who work hard and do plan out their lives thoughtfully be called idiots. Regardless all of that, A. Nony Mouse, you very well know that the game was stolen from us; shame on your pats for bribing the refs (or something).

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29306
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Yeah, losers always blame it on something like bribing the refs. :wink:

mace

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby mace » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:59 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Yeah, losers always blame it on something like bribing the refs. :wink:


Won't derail the thread anymore but we'll see you in the playoffs good sir. :x

LawShopeful

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:35 am

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby LawShopeful » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:53 am

Speaking of Fall grades. we don’t have to submit transcripts again with the new Fall grades if we’ve already applied in November and everything right? Unless they ask?

My grades haven’t necessarily changed and if anything dropped slightly. But from what I’ve been reading there’s no need to re-send transcripts unless they request since we’ve already applied. Just waiting now I guess

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:08 pm

LawShopeful wrote:Speaking of Fall grades. we don’t have to submit transcripts again with the new Fall grades if we’ve already applied in November and everything right? Unless they ask?

My grades haven’t necessarily changed and if anything dropped slightly. But from what I’ve been reading there’s no need to re-send transcripts unless they request since we’ve already applied. Just waiting now I guess

A T14 adcom told me to update through LSAC if they go up, but if they stay the same or go down don't send them in. Once you're accepted you don't have to send in transcripts again until you send final transcripts to the school upon matriculation.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Fall grades after submitting applications

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:11 pm

edcat wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
edcat wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
edcat wrote:Hey Cav. Surprise, I'm not Mace. I don't have a business which is one of what I'm sure are many other differences. We both do appear to be K-JDs with full scholarships that you want us to turn down to get out of college work experience though.

I'm not sure why people are bringing up this straw man? Saying people should take time off and get work/life experience before going to law school isn't the same as saying someone should turn down a full scholarship once awarded.

K-JDs obviously often have great outcomes. I personally agree that they would have better outcomes after gaining the maturity/experience that comes from living on your own/working full-time not as a student. (I'm not including non-trads in the K-JD camp here.)

And for the record, no, mace doesn't appear to be edcat. But edcat, I'm also not sure why you took the advice to the OP quite so personally.


I didn't take UVAs unsolicited advice to the OP personally. I just pointed out where it was wrong regarding for instance his absurd misuse of the law of averages.

In response it was asserted by UVA that it was always better for KJDs to wait. Both me and later Mace noted that is not true that it is always better for KJDs to wait. There are cases where it is better to apply or accept an offer as a KJD.

Instead of responding to that fairly obvious point or simply conceding it UVA and Cav began their ad hominem attacks which have culminated in claiming that Mace was my "sock puppet" simply because he didn't agree with everything they said.

Thanks for your "magnanimous" admission that I am myself and not Mace.

Not sure why you put "magnaminous" in quotes - and fwiw it's not uncommon for people actually to start a second account and sock-puppet themselves.

And again
Rigo wrote:Just because you get a great outcome as a k-jd doesn't mean it wouldn't have been better to wait.


The fact that you falsely or accurately accuse people of creating fake accounts frequently enough that you have as clever and cute a name as sock puppet for it is appalling and speaks to the atmosphere fostered by frequent posters like you, cav, and UVA on TLS.

I put the quotes around magnanimous because I can't pretend to be profoundly grateful that you have admitted what should have been the obvious and presumed truth that Mace is not a fake account made by me.


I agree with some of your KJD argument but you're coming accross as a total ass about it. Who cares if someone on the internet says you're wrong, don't take it so personally.



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 20 guests