Update transcript with a 4.0 but easy courses?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
porzingis3

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Update transcript with a 4.0 but easy courses?

Postby porzingis3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:40 pm

This semester I got a 4.0 but it's pretty obvious I took easy courses. Should I update my transcripts which would raise my gpa from for example 3.71 to 3.75? Trying to weigh the increase in GPA vs possible negative view of the easy courses I took this semester. Thoughts?

Nebby

Diamond
Posts: 31197
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Update transcript with a 4.0 but easy courses?

Postby Nebby » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:51 pm

porzingis3 wrote:This semester I got a 4.0 but it's pretty obvious I took easy courses. Should I update my transcripts which would raise my gpa from for example 3.71 to 3.75? Trying to weigh the increase in GPA vs possible negative view of the easy courses I took this semester. Thoughts?

Yes, update. In the eyes of law school admissions, a 4.0 is a 4.0. It does not matter what the courses were. Plus, there's no way for someone unfamiliar with the courses to know how easy or not any given course is.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Update transcript with a 4.0 but easy courses?

Postby Rigo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:13 pm

100%

porzingis3

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: Update transcript with a 4.0 but easy courses?

Postby porzingis3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:18 pm

Nebby wrote:
porzingis3 wrote:This semester I got a 4.0 but it's pretty obvious I took easy courses. Should I update my transcripts which would raise my gpa from for example 3.71 to 3.75? Trying to weigh the increase in GPA vs possible negative view of the easy courses I took this semester. Thoughts?

Yes, update. In the eyes of law school admissions, a 4.0 is a 4.0. It does not matter what the courses were. Plus, there's no way for someone unfamiliar with the courses to know how easy or not any given course is.



Okay I will update, thanks! FWIW I took three 100 level courses out of five classes so I thought just that on its face would imply easy.

User avatar
april_ludgate

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: Update transcript with a 4.0 but easy courses?

Postby april_ludgate » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:11 pm

porzingis3 wrote:
Nebby wrote:
porzingis3 wrote:This semester I got a 4.0 but it's pretty obvious I took easy courses. Should I update my transcripts which would raise my gpa from for example 3.71 to 3.75? Trying to weigh the increase in GPA vs possible negative view of the easy courses I took this semester. Thoughts?

Yes, update. In the eyes of law school admissions, a 4.0 is a 4.0. It does not matter what the courses were. Plus, there's no way for someone unfamiliar with the courses to know how easy or not any given course is.



Okay I will update, thanks! FWIW I took three 100 level courses out of five classes so I thought just that on its face would imply easy.


Even if it did, they don't care.



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests