Transcripts from after Undergrad Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
drlreed

New

Transcripts from after Undergrad

Post by drlreed » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:41 pm

So here's the tale:

I am currently in my second year of teaching through Teach for America. As part of my certification requirements through the program I have some coursework at the graduate level as a non-degree seeking student through various institutions. Because I have been working full-time (as a new teacher in a challenging context, no less) these are grades that I wouldn't exactly say I am proud of (2-3 Bs and potentially a C depending on how the end of this semester goes). I am potentially planning on heading to law school sometime in the next 2-4 years.

I know that these grades will NOT be included in my GPA calculation from LSAC, but that they WILL forward copies of all those transcripts along with my application, so schools will be able to see them. I had a strong undergraduate GPA, so I recognize that these additional grades could lead someone to infer an unflattering trend in my academic success.

To what degree will those additional transcripts and grades factor into admissions decisions? I will be applying to a slew of very selective schools.

For additional context:
Undergraduate GPA: 3.84 as calculated by LSAC
LSAT score: 172

Thanks,

//D

Platopus

Gold

Re: Transcripts from after Undergrad

Post by Platopus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Transcripts from after Undergrad

Post by rpupkin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:45 pm

It's a slight negative soft that could hurt you at YLS, but you probably weren't getting in there anyway with a 3.84/172. SLS might care a little, but it probably won't affect your chances there. HLS won't care. No other school will care.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”