NYU Character and Fitness Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
msgorm11

New

NYU Character and Fitness Question

Post by msgorm11 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:38 pm

-
Last edited by msgorm11 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: NYU Character and Fitness Question

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:41 pm

It means exactly what it says. Contact the dean/whoever-is-in-charge at your undergrad's student records, and explain the situation. They'll write up an explanation and send it in. They've probably done it before.

msgorm11

New

Post by msgorm11 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Sure, but I'm not sure what "incident" would require an explantion--I failed classes, and was placed on probation. I'm trying to ensure that I'm not missing anything, because it seems odd that the school would require a written explanation from student records explaning that probation was instituted because of poor academic results.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:12 pm

msgorm11 wrote:Sure, but I'm not sure what "incident" would require an explantion--I failed classes, and was placed on probation. I'm trying to ensure that I'm not missing anything, because it seems odd that the school would require a written explanation from student records explaning that probation was instituted because of poor academic results.
Well, they do. Your probation in and of itself is the "incident," and they'd like to hear from the school. Makes sense, since if an applicant decides to hedge on the truth in their application, the school wastes a class slot on someone who's a potential liability when it comes to the bar's C&F process.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”