Failed to list all prior institutions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
blanco

Failed to list all prior institutions

Postby blanco » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:00 pm

I'm not applying until 2019, but I started setting up my LSAC kind of prematurely as soon as I registered for the LSAT. I was sloppy and didn't realize the list of institutions locked when you set up the account.

I got flagged for sending a transcript that acknowledged a credit from another school that I didn't list. It says this will be removed once I submit the transcript and didn't threaten action.

After this, I got kind of nervous about having any loose ends. I went through my records, and noticed two other schools that weren't on the list. I tried to add them, but its says the list locks and I had to email them the updates. I sent a couple of polite and somewhat apologetic emails with the information requested, but of course, they don't reply particularly quickly.

I've tried to do some research on this, but I'm having a difficult time telling whether I should actually be concerned. Is this an actual irregularities issue, or am I overthinking it?

Update: I took AJordan's advice and called. They didn't outright say it was a nonissue, but there was no indication that this would lead to any consequences. They told me just to send an email, which I had already done, and said that the schools will be added.
Last edited by blanco on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AJordan

Re: Failed to list all prior institutions

Postby AJordan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:29 pm

Just call them and tell them what happened. The reason they flag those things is to give you another check to make sure you don't scuttle your whole career before you are admitted. LSAC is good on the phone and they'll help you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”