Should I request my transcripts now if I'm applying in March? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Summerglo14

New

Should I request my transcripts now if I'm applying in March?

Post by Summerglo14 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:30 pm

I would like to request my transcripts now before Fall grades are posted because I have a feeling that they're going to decrease my overall GPA. The problem is that by the time I apply in February or March, the Fall grades would have already been posted. Will law schools care if I apply in March using transcripts that do not include the Fall semester's grades?
I know that they're eventually going to see my Fall grades since they will request a final transcript. However, I am afraid of them basing their decision off of my Fall semester grades.

Can someone please tell me what I should do and if it is okay to apply in March using my current transcripts?
Thanks.

cavalier1138

Re: Should I request my transcripts now if I'm applying in March?

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:29 pm

Most schools do not accept March applications, so that's a bigger problem than whether or not your grades take a minor hit this semester. That said, no one is going to base their decision off your fall semester grades; your cumulative LSAC GPA is all that counts.

I'd strongly recommend taking (at least) a year off if your current timeline has you applying that late in the cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”