C&F

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
181plz

C&F

Postby 181plz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Have you ever, either as an adult or a juvenile, been cited, arrested, charged with, indicted, convicted or tried for, or pleaded guilty to, the commission of any felony or misdemeanor or the violation of any law

Should I be reporting speeding tickets?

icechicken

Re: C&F

Postby icechicken » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:56 pm

cited for ... violation of any law

Yes, that includes speeding tickets.

181plz

Postby 181plz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:08 pm

icechicken wrote:

Do I need to like, research every speeding ticket I've ever gotten and go into detail? I've probably had about 5. Would it look bad to say something to the effect of "I have been cited for speeding on more than one occasion but have never been charged or convicted of any crimes"

UVA2B

Postby UVA2B » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:10 pm

181plz wrote:
icechicken wrote:

Do I need to like, research every speeding ticket I've ever gotten and go into detail? I've probably had about 5. Would it look bad to say something to the effect of "I have been cited for speeding on more than one occasion but have never been charged or convicted of any crimes"

There are likely records of your speeding tickets at county/city clerk offices. Get some basic info, disclose each of them, and never worry about it again because this is only establishing your baseline for C&F when you apply for bar membership.

It's not about admissions for minor stuff like this. Do the work to gather the info, and be done with it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”