Which T14 schools give scholarship offers with acceptance letter and which don't?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RSolano

Which T14 schools give scholarship offers with acceptance letter and which don't?

Postby RSolano » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:11 pm

Anyone know which schools give the scholarship offer at time of acceptance?

portsmouth14

Re: Which T14 schools give scholarship offers with acceptance letter and which don't?

Postby portsmouth14 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Virginia had me do this phone interview before getting accepted. At the end of the phone interview they offered me an acceptance with scholarship money. They listed the $$ given, and then when the acceptance letter came the next week the scholarship letter was also included and the amount was $15,000 higher than stated on the phone. I don't think I got any other scholarships at the time of acceptance. The rest came later.

LSstudent

Re: Which T14 schools give scholarship offers with acceptance letter and which don't?

Postby LSstudent » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Based on my experience:
Georgetown - no
Cornell - no
Berkeley - no
Northwestern - no
Duke - no
Virginia - yes
Michigan - no
Penn - no
NYU - no
Columbia - yes
Chicago - no
HYS - N/A

RSolano

Postby RSolano » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 pm

LSstudent wrote:Based on my experience:
Georgetown - no
Cornell - no
Berkeley - no
Northwestern - no
Duke - no
Virginia - yes
Michigan - no
Penn - no
NYU - no
Columbia - yes
Chicago - no
HYS - N/A

Very helpful, thank you!

RSolano

Postby RSolano » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:18 pm

portsmouth14 wrote:Virginia had me do this phone interview before getting accepted. At the end of the phone interview they offered me an acceptance with scholarship money. They listed the $$ given, and then when the acceptance letter came the next week the scholarship letter was also included and the amount was $15,000 higher than stated on the phone. I don't think I got any other scholarships at the time of acceptance. The rest came later.

Wow, that extra $15 k was a nice surprise lol

Slippin' Jimmy

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:19 pm

RSolano wrote:
LSstudent wrote:Based on my experience:
Georgetown - no
Cornell - no
Berkeley - no
Northwestern - no
Duke - no
Virginia - yes
Michigan - no
Penn - no
NYU - no
Columbia - yes
Chicago - no
HYS - N/A

Very helpful, thank you!

It should be noted that Virginia does the bulk of their scholarship work after January, so a good amount of students will get that info later.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”