Submit already? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
april_ludgate

Bronze

Submit already?

Post by april_ludgate » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi all,

I've been waffling on submitting my apps as I'm not a hundred percent sure about my personal statement and resume, though I've been working on both for months. However, I feel as if I've exhausted my outlets for feedback as well as my own brain on those things, though something about my personal statement just feels a bit off.

Should I just bite the bullet and submit already to gain the advantage that comes from submitting early-ish? Or would the advantage that may come from improving those two outweigh the early advantage? For reference I'm a 3.93/180, so I just don't want to shoot myself in the foot here.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Submit already?

Post by UVA2B » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:29 pm

You should apply if you're reasonably done editing. There is only so much editing you can do. I've seen your PS semi-recently. It's ready for all schools. The only possible outlier things you could worry about are a Yale 250 or possibly a long-form PS for a place like Berkeley (if you want to use the 4 page limit).

You've done everything right to this point. You shouldn't be doubting yourself at this point in the process.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:10 am

UVA2B wrote:You should apply if you're reasonably done editing. There is only so much editing you can do. I've seen your PS semi-recently. It's ready for all schools. The only possible outlier things you could worry about are a Yale 250 or possibly a long-form PS for a place like Berkeley (if you want to use the 4 page limit).

You've done everything right to this point. You shouldn't be doubting yourself at this point in the process.

Thanks! I needed that extra push. I'm getting them out by Friday. No more excuses haha

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:16 am

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:24 am

april_ludgate wrote:Hi all,

I've been waffling on submitting my apps as I'm not a hundred percent sure about my personal statement and resume, though I've been working on both for months. However, I feel as if I've exhausted my outlets for feedback as well as my own brain on those things, though something about my personal statement just feels a bit off.

Should I just bite the bullet and submit already to gain the advantage that comes from submitting early-ish? Or would the advantage that may come from improving those two outweigh the early advantage? For reference I'm a 3.93/180, so I just don't want to shoot myself in the foot here.
I also saw your PS, and I say you should submit. Essentially what UVA2B said.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:31 am

Thanks all! Friday it is. I'll probably wait a bit for Yale though, as I assume there's no boost there for applying early?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”