Dual Citizenship

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pilot4321
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Dual Citizenship

Postby pilot4321 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:39 pm

I have dual citizenship (USA and South American Country.)
CAS asks which countries you have citizenship in. Do law schools consider this information?

User avatar
Mullens
Posts: 973
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:34 am

Re: Dual Citizenship

Postby Mullens » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:44 pm

pilot4321 wrote:I have dual citizenship (USA and South American Country.)
CAS asks which countries you have citizenship in. Do law schools consider this information?


Maybe but definitely don’t lie or omit citizenship on your applications

cavalier1138
Posts: 4486
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Dual Citizenship

Postby cavalier1138 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:45 pm

No (at least not the way I think you mean it), but it's important for background checks and the bar.

etramak
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Dual Citizenship

Postby etramak » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:48 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:No (at least not the way I think you mean it), but it's important for background checks and the bar.

Why the bar? The only school I remember askig for dual citizen info is UVA. The rest just care if you're American or not.

cavalier1138
Posts: 4486
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Dual Citizenship

Postby cavalier1138 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:57 pm

etramak wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:No (at least not the way I think you mean it), but it's important for background checks and the bar.

Why the bar? The only school I remember askig for dual citizen info is UVA. The rest just care if you're American or not.


The bar reviews your law school app. So any question you're asked on there has to be answered accurately. If the OP goes to a school that didn't ask, maybe it won't come up. But if they misrepresent anything on their application, it will be a problem later.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Invalesco22, sopranorleone, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests