Which Why Xs to write?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Teacher

Which Why Xs to write?

Postby Teacher » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:06 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to determine which schools I should write Why X essays for in order to protect against YP. I had a 3.9+ GPA and a 176 LSAT. I'm a TFA alum with 5+ years working experience (I continued in education). I was essentially going to blanket the T14, but I'm wondering if there are certain schools that it would be more imperative to write Why X essays for?

Any responses are appreciated!

Ntp73821

Re: Which Why Xs to write?

Postby Ntp73821 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Teacher wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm trying to determine which schools I should write Why X essays for in order to protect against YP. I had a 3.9+ GPA and a 176 LSAT. I'm a TFA alum with 5+ years working experience (I continued in education). I was essentially going to blanket the T14, but I'm wondering if there are certain schools that it would be more imperative to write Why X essays for?

Michigan, Virginia, Penn and Duke really like for you to write a Why X. I’d write them for those schools to avoid YP.

rictheruler

Postby rictheruler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:44 am

Ntp73821 wrote:

Michigan, Virginia, Penn and Duke really like for you to write a Why X. I’d write them for those schools to avoid YP.

Not OP, but does writing a why statement for Penn help my chances if I'm a splitter? Worried about YP at the other schools, but worried more about just getting into Penn.

Ntp73821

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:34 am

rictheruler wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:

Not OP, but does writing a why statement for Penn help my chances if I'm a splitter? Worried about YP at the other schools, but worried more about just getting into Penn.

I don’t know that writing one necessarily helps your chances a lot, but not writing one would very likely hurt your chances.

Teacher

Postby Teacher » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:

Thank you!

Ntp73821

Postby Ntp73821 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:58 pm

Teacher wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:

Thank you!

No problem! Good luck, you're going to have an amazing cycle. :D

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”