LSAT Addendum -- actual reason beyond just "more studying"?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
38981928
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

LSAT Addendum -- actual reason beyond just "more studying"?

Postby 38981928 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:09 pm

[post deleted]
Last edited by 38981928 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138
Posts: 4452
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: LSAT Addendum -- actual reason beyond just "more studying"?

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:11 pm

I wouldn't bother. Even though you were under a lot of stress, mentioning things that fell in a three-month window of the test is a bit of a stretch for an addendum.

38981928
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: LSAT Addendum -- actual reason beyond just "more studying"?

Postby 38981928 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:14 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:I wouldn't bother. Even though you were under a lot of stress, mentioning things that fell in a three-month window of the test is a bit of a stretch for an addendum.


Thanks! Even the roommate thing though? That happened literally weeks before the test and I didn't even have a permanent living situation when I took the test (couldn't move into the new place until a few days after). A couple of people said Yale might actually care about score differences, and NYU will average scores unless you give a good reason for them not to do so.

User avatar
Jack_Kelly
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: LSAT Addendum -- actual reason beyond just "more studying"?

Postby Jack_Kelly » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:17 pm

38981928 wrote: NYU will average scores unless you give a good reason for them not to do so.

0L here but I thought the consensus was they didn't really (and I didn't write one for 160->171 though I don't have a great reason either).

User avatar
icechicken
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Re: LSAT Addendum -- actual reason beyond just "more studying"?

Postby icechicken » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:23 pm

38981928 wrote:A couple of people said Yale might actually care about score differences, and NYU will average scores unless you give a good reason for them not to do so.


A 9-point jump across just 2 tests with nothing else fishy going on causes the person reviewing it to think "shit happens lmao, glad they got the 174". Even if their office is in New Haven.

38981928
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: LSAT Addendum -- actual reason beyond just "more studying"?

Postby 38981928 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:17 pm

OK, thanks so much! One less thing for me to worry about then :D




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests