LSAT Addenda 12 points

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sunniebunnie

LSAT Addenda 12 points

Postby sunniebunnie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:21 am

I know a lot of people have asked about large point increases, but I've really only seen along the lines of "went from 150s to 160s."
I went from a 165 to a 177. My first score was a fluke due to majorly messing up one Logic Game, but I know a couple points were due to the extra few months of practice.

I'm stressed because if I had the 177 alone I would have great chances, but I'm worried the earlier score will "dull the sparkle" of what is otherwise a fabulous score... And I'm worried the lower score will affect scholarship chances that a 177 might offer. (GPA is 3.9x if this affects anyone's take on the situation.)

Can anyone weigh in?

sublime

Re: LSAT Addenda 12 points

Postby sublime » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:24 am

You should relax.

april_ludgate

Postby april_ludgate » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:03 am

sunniebunnie wrote:I know a lot of people have asked about large point increases, but I've really only seen along the lines of "went from 150s to 160s."
I went from a 165 to a 177. My first score was a fluke due to majorly messing up one Logic Game, but I know a couple points were due to the extra few months of practice.

I'm stressed because if I had the 177 alone I would have great chances, but I'm worried the earlier score will "dull the sparkle" of what is otherwise a fabulous score... And I'm worried the lower score will affect scholarship chances that a 177 might offer. (GPA is 3.9x if this affects anyone's take on the situation.)

Can anyone weigh in?

There is anecdotal evidence that this MIGHT affect your chance at Yale ever so slightly. That's it. Don't write an addendum. What would that even say-- that you messed up the first time? That's not exactly enlightening information that changes anyone's view of your score. You're fine.

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:06 am

april_ludgate wrote:There is anecdotal evidence that this MIGHT affect your chance at Yale ever so slightly. That's it. Don't write an addendum. What would that even say-- that you messed up the first time? That's not exactly enlightening information that changes anyone's view of your score. You're fine.

Agreed. With a 3.9/177, you're likely in everywhere except Yale and Stanford. And if those schools don't want to admit you, it's not something you can fix with an LSAT addendum.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”