Resume Help!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hihelpme

New

Resume Help!

Postby hihelpme » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Hello,

I received a Bachelor's degree double majoring in "Politics" and "Law, Politics, and Society." This seems awkward and confusing to write on a resume, specifically because of the amount of times "and" and "politics" comes up. I currently have:

B.A. Politics and Law, Politics & Society (Double Major)

Is this clear/professional? Is B.A. the proper method or should I write "Bachelor of Arts in X"

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Resume Help!

Postby rpupkin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:42 pm

hihelpme wrote:Hello,

I received a Bachelor's degree double majoring in "Politics" and "Law, Politics, and Society." This seems awkward and confusing to write on a resume, specifically because of the amount of times "and" and "politics" comes up. I currently have:

B.A. Politics and Law, Politics & Society (Double Major)

Is this clear/professional?

Yes.

icechicken

Bronze

Postby icechicken » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:45 pm

When items in a list themselves contain commas, using semicolons can help disambiguate:

B.A. Law, Politics & Society; Politics

but the way you have it now is fine.

etramak

Silver

Postby etramak » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:27 pm

I just realized that my resume (sent out to a few schools already) uses the incorrect plural form of a latin noun (not the actual example, but lets say I put agendums rather than agenda). My error is more innocuous than that, but, do you think adcoms will hold it against me?

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:31 pm

etramak wrote:I just realized that my resume (sent out to a few schools already) uses the incorrect plural form of a latin noun (not the actual example, but lets say I put agendums rather than agenda). My error is more innocuous than that, but, do you think adcoms will hold it against me?

Nope.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�