How long do fee waivers last?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fishfood
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:42 pm

How long do fee waivers last?

Postby fishfood » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 pm

I keep getting fee waivers but I'm not applying until next year. They dont by chance stay on LSAC? Or do I have to ask them for fee waivers next year?

cavalier1138
Posts: 4462
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: How long do fee waivers last?

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:49 pm

You'll have to request them next cycle. They're only automated once.

User avatar
chrysippusofsoli
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Re: How long do fee waivers last?

Postby chrysippusofsoli » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 pm

fishfood wrote:I keep getting fee waivers but I'm not applying until next year. They dont by chance stay on LSAC? Or do I have to ask them for fee waivers next year?


You could try un-registering for CRS and then re-registering at the start of next cycle. I got a UVA waiver and Duke waiver for last cycle after taking the Feb LSAT, and they sent me new ones for this cycle after I re-registered at the end of the summer.

fishfood
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Re: How long do fee waivers last?

Postby fishfood » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:15 pm

chrysippusofsoli wrote:
fishfood wrote:I keep getting fee waivers but I'm not applying until next year. They dont by chance stay on LSAC? Or do I have to ask them for fee waivers next year?


You could try un-registering for CRS and then re-registering at the start of next cycle. I got a UVA waiver and Duke waiver for last cycle after taking the Feb LSAT, and they sent me new ones for this cycle after I re-registered at the end of the summer.


You didn't have to pay for anything when you re-registered, right?

User avatar
chrysippusofsoli
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Re: How long do fee waivers last?

Postby chrysippusofsoli » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 pm

fishfood wrote:
chrysippusofsoli wrote:
fishfood wrote:I keep getting fee waivers but I'm not applying until next year. They dont by chance stay on LSAC? Or do I have to ask them for fee waivers next year?


You could try un-registering for CRS and then re-registering at the start of next cycle. I got a UVA waiver and Duke waiver for last cycle after taking the Feb LSAT, and they sent me new ones for this cycle after I re-registered at the end of the summer.


You didn't have to pay for anything when you re-registered, right?


Nope, the re-registering didn't cost anything - just a matter of unchecking the box, save, rechecking the box, save again.

User avatar
Delano
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:27 pm

Re: How long do fee waivers last?

Postby Delano » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:25 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:You'll have to request them next cycle. They're only automated once.

This is 100% wrong. Every fee waiver I received last cycle I've gotten again this cycle, with no un-registration and re-registration.

Also, I've heard that fee waivers can (at least sometimes) be used for subsequent cycles. Can't verify this through personal experience though.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Canadianhopeful, Seminole24, uclasplitter18, zwalk287 and 11 guests