LSAT addendum Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

LSAT addendum

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:24 pm

do you think I need to write one for a score increase from 163, 160 to 165?

The 160 is killing me, but I had a panic attack during my test bc of all the pressure I put on myself.
some schools are saying they would like one for 5 or more point increase, but I'm not sure if I count for that since my first score was 163

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: LSAT addendum

Post by rpupkin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:26 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:do you think I need to write one for a score increase from 163, 160 to 165?

The 160 is killing me, but I had a panic attack during my test bc of all the pressure I put on myself.
some schools are saying they would like one for 5 or more point increase, but I'm not sure if I count for that since my first score was 163
There's no point in writing an addendum in these circumstances.

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:29 pm

Even if they require an addendum for a 5 or more point increase?

I don't qualify for that right?

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:32 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:Even if they require an addendum for a 5 or more point increase?

I don't qualify for that right?
I was unaware that any school required an LSAT addendum. But if a school you're applying to really does require you to submit an addendum, then go ahead and write something banal. I definitely wouldn't mention panic attacks.

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Sorry, I know I am beating a dead horse atm but here is cornell's blurb:

In general, Cornell Law’s policy is to take the higher score if it is at least 3 points higher than a prior score, but the Admissions Committee invites applicants to submit an addendum to their application explaining the different LSAT scores and why we should take the higher score. We will not hold an application from review for a future exam. The LSAT score(s) in the CAS report at the time of application will be considered during the review of your file.

Do you think I should write one or no?

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:Sorry, I know I am beating a dead horse atm but here is cornell's blurb:

In general, Cornell Law’s policy is to take the higher score if it is at least 3 points higher than a prior score, but the Admissions Committee invites applicants to submit an addendum to their application explaining the different LSAT scores and why we should take the higher score. We will not hold an application from review for a future exam. The LSAT score(s) in the CAS report at the time of application will be considered during the review of your file.

Do you think I should write one or no?
No.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”