Yet Another Score Increase Addendum Thread

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cavalier1138

Re: Yet Another Score Increase Addendum Thread

Postby cavalier1138 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:22 pm

rictheruler wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
rictheruler wrote:What about Columbia which strongly encourages an addendum for multiple takes? What do I write for a 6-point increase other than "I studied more and the curve was easier"?

Everything written in this thread applies to Columbia. They'll use your highest score.

I get that, but I was more wondering about what to write for the addendum since they strongly encourage you to write one if you've taken more than once. The consensus seems to be not to write one unless you have a huge score discrepancy and a compelling reason for the difference, and I have neither of those things.

So what's your confusion? Don't write an addendum.

rictheruler

Postby rictheruler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:27 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
rictheruler wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
rictheruler wrote:What about Columbia which strongly encourages an addendum for multiple takes? What do I write for a 6-point increase other than "I studied more and the curve was easier"?

Everything written in this thread applies to Columbia. They'll use your highest score.

I get that, but I was more wondering about what to write for the addendum since they strongly encourage you to write one if you've taken more than once. The consensus seems to be not to write one unless you have a huge score discrepancy and a compelling reason for the difference, and I have neither of those things.

So what's your confusion? Don't write an addendum.

They ask for one. I'd rather err on the side of following directions even if I feel like I have nothing of substance to say.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Just say you weren’t satisfied with your first score. No need to make up an excuse.

rictheruler

Postby rictheruler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:23 pm

Pneumonia wrote:Just say you weren’t satisfied with your first score. No need to make up an excuse.

Got it, thanks.

MikeSpivey

Postby MikeSpivey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:35 pm

This is how I feel after six years of tweeting 897 times about the whole average myth and writing at least a dozen blogs on it, minus the last 4 seconds of the video. No one averages. Also, every time someone says schools average a baby kola bear gets lost in the wilderness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXNj2BobjJ4

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”