I read somewhere that it's advisable to have your apps in by Thanksgiving and have been going with that as my guideline. But now I am thinking I should have gotten things done earlier. Two questions:
1. Is it worth rushing to finish my essays by Nov. 1 versus planning to submit everything mid-November (i.e., would applying two weeks earlier boost my chances significantly?)
2. Should I be worried about the fact that I won't have any apps done in October? Is anyone else in a similar boat? Am I crazy to be worried about this or is it crazy that I didn't worry about this sooner??
I am the worst at planning/doing things on time so would so greatly appreciate people's advice.
(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:08 am
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm
November and December are when the bulk of applications get sent in, so you wouldn’t be late by any means. Pretty much every counselor/admissions rep will tell you that it’s better to send in your best application than a lower quality but earlier application. I’d say take the time you need to get the essays, etc. just right. There’s not that big of a difference (any difference?) between Nov 1 and Nov 15.
- Posts: 15923
- Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm
Relax. You're fine.