Are USC/UCLA possible ? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pricon

Bronze

Re: Are USC/UCLA possible ?

Post by pricon » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:04 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
Kewlaidxx wrote:Not at all I'm young but that's not the point. Some of these people will have you believe that it wasn't your hard work that's the reason you've made it but pure chance that you happen to write the best essay lol. You can't think that way to the top and I'm sure you didn't either. The waiting part wasn't the advice I had a problem with. It makes sense. I would lol I swear. I'd work hard and try to do better on the lsat and give myself a better chance but I'm at a point where that's not an option.
No, you're at a point where you want to tell yourself that it's not an option. As you said, you're young. You have plenty of time to get your shit together and go to law school, but you know what you don't get the chance to do after 1L? Retake your 1L classes for better grades.

No one is saying that your grades come down to pure luck. But you're grossly underestimating how competent your potential classmates are going to be. And for every time you say "lol" or "maybe I shouldn't smoke pot next time before the exam" (that right there should be a hint that you need some time to mature), you realize that you're telling actual law students and lawyers that they don't know how law school works. Trust me, we all know a metric fuckton more than you, which is why no one is telling you that your go-get-'em-tiger attitude is going to make the difference.
Yeah, I mean Kewlaidxx we care about you enough to try to help you. This isn’t us pridefully spouting knowledge. When your only frame of reference for doing your best lies in a hypothetical, then you necessarily have no idea what you’re talking about. You’re giving yourself real world credit now for something you have only convinced yourself you can do in the abstract. That’s bogus dude. That attitude is why people are jumping all over you, and it’s not hard to see why.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”