December Retake.. Delay app or not??

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BoilerByBirth

December Retake.. Delay app or not??

Postby BoilerByBirth » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:34 am

Hey guys, so I just got my September LSAT score and I scored a 163, which is about 5 points lower than my PT average. I'm an engineering undergrad so my GPA (3.56) is below median for most of the T2 schools I'm looking at, but the 163 is at or above the 75th percentile.

I'm planning to retake in December, and want to know whether or not it's worth delaying submitting my applications until I have that December score back, or is it okay to submit now and just send an updated (hopefully higher) LSAT score when I receive it?

Second question: If I am accepted with my September LSAT score is it possible to use a December retake score to negotiate scholarships?

Any advice or personal anecdotes would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Rigo

Re: December Retake.. Delay app or not??

Postby Rigo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:48 am

It depends on the schools we're talking about. If your 163 is competitive for a school, send the app. If 163 is too low for a school, wait.
BoilerByBirth wrote:Second question: If I am accepted with my September LSAT score is it possible to use a December retake score to negotiate scholarships?

Yes.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”