Fee Waiver or Error?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
april_ludgate

Fee Waiver or Error?

Postby april_ludgate » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:26 am

So I was filling out my NYU application and I noticed it said $0 next to the application fee. Does this mean they gave me a fee waiver without telling me? I'm still waiting on my September LSAT score, and I thought you normally don't get fee waivers until after you have a score. So is it possible it's just some weird error? Or could I have gotten it solely with my grades? Any insight is appreciated!

april_ludgate

Re: Fee Waiver or Error?

Postby april_ludgate » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:50 pm

Bueller?

Cogburn1984

Postby Cogburn1984 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:51 pm

Yeah, I think you have a fee waiver. I have no insight as to why schools do this but some of them do hidden fee waivers.

Make sure you're not unknowingly applying ED or something like that. I know Berkeley doesn't charge a fee waiver to apply ED.

april_ludgate

Postby april_ludgate » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Cogburn1984 wrote:Yeah, I think you have a fee waiver. I have no insight as to why schools do this but some of them do hidden fee waivers.

Make sure you're not unknowingly applying ED or something like that. I know Berkeley doesn't charge a fee waiver to apply ED.

Thanks! Definitely gonna check that. Also I found out NYU doesn't make you pay if you've been in the military so I should probably make sure I didn't check that box either, as I am most assuredly a civilian

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”