LSAC Fee Waiver Approval

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
ljalba
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:04 pm

LSAC Fee Waiver Approval

Postby ljalba » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:57 pm

I was just approved for an LSAC fee waiver. On my approval letter, it states that the waiver covers "four free law school reports available only after the CAS registration is complete." Does this mean I can only use the waiver on four schools and then I have to pay the application fees for the schools I apply after that? Do schools offer application waivers to applicants with LSAC waivers even if they aren't one of the "four"? Any insight would greatly help!

rachelac
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: LSAC Fee Waiver Approval

Postby rachelac » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:27 pm

You have to pay the school's application fee and the $35 report fee every time you apply. LSAC waives 4 report fees but you have to pay them after that; the vast majority of schools will waive their application fees for anyone who qualified for an LSAC waiver automatically.

User avatar
ljalba
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: LSAC Fee Waiver Approval

Postby ljalba » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:34 pm

rachelac wrote:the vast majority of schools will waive their application fees for anyone who qualified for an LSAC waiver automatically.


I'm assuming I need to email each respective school I plan to apply to and inform them of my LSAC waiver and then ask each school to waive the application fee?

rachelac
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: LSAC Fee Waiver Approval

Postby rachelac » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:36 pm

ljalba wrote:
rachelac wrote:the vast majority of schools will waive their application fees for anyone who qualified for an LSAC waiver automatically.


I'm assuming I need to email each respective school I plan to apply to and inform them of my LSAC waiver and then ask each school to waive the application fee?


I'm actually fairly sure it's automatic! If it doesn't show up that way when you apply at a specific school then yes, go ahead and email them.

User avatar
TheKingLives
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: LSAC Fee Waiver Approval

Postby TheKingLives » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:44 pm

rachelac wrote:
ljalba wrote:
rachelac wrote:the vast majority of schools will waive their application fees for anyone who qualified for an LSAC waiver automatically.


I'm assuming I need to email each respective school I plan to apply to and inform them of my LSAC waiver and then ask each school to waive the application fee?


I'm actually fairly sure it's automatic! If it doesn't show up that way when you apply at a specific school then yes, go ahead and email them.


I'm also approved for an LSAC fee waiver and I can confirm that the application and report fees are waived automatically. If for some reason it's not coming up as waived, go ahead and email them.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curry1, doggozeg, Exabot [Bot], flowering, hellohello123, jci007, Olesya_ and 16 guests