Reviewing C&F issues statement Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Lawschoolsenpai

New

Reviewing C&F issues statement

Post by Lawschoolsenpai » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:02 am

Last edited by Lawschoolsenpai on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: Reviewing C&F issues statement

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:50 am

You should probably just put all your notes in an addendum, but your writing on this small sample is atrocious. Don't overdo the statement of regret, because everyone knows it's bullshit, and that just highlights it. State the facts, be contrite, and move on.

LukeSkylawyer

New

Post by LukeSkylawyer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:14 pm

smoke less pot, dude.

Lawschoolsenpai

New

Post by Lawschoolsenpai » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:40 am

cavalier1138 wrote:You should probably just put all your notes in an addendum, but your writing on this small sample is atrocious. Don't overdo the statement of regret, because everyone knows it's bullshit, and that just highlights it. State the facts, be contrite, and move on.
I think you have to follow the word limit and only use the addendum if you need to say more (probably a way to reduce the
amount of stuff they need to read).

Define....atrocious? Like grammar, content, etc...

Is the comment on contrition coming from experience? I'm pretty sincere about what I said in my statement, of course coming off as being insincere is a legitimate concern. Does the statement come across as insincere? It kind of just seems from your "bullshit" comment that you think "everyone knows that people never actually regret these kinds of actions"
and that seems a little off to me (the people being contrite part, not people believing the expression of contrition).

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:40 am

Lawschoolsenpai wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:You should probably just put all your notes in an addendum, but your writing on this small sample is atrocious. Don't overdo the statement of regret, because everyone knows it's bullshit, and that just highlights it. State the facts, be contrite, and move on.
I think you have to follow the word limit and only use the addendum if you need to say more (probably a way to reduce the

Your grammar is awful. It's so bad that you probably shouldn't attend law school right now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:49 am

Lawschoolsenpai wrote:

Is the comment on contrition coming from experience? I'm pretty sincere about what I said in my statement, of course coming off as being insincere is a legitimate concern. Does the statement come across as insincere? It kind of just seems from your "bullshit" comment that you think "everyone knows that people never actually regret these kinds of actions"
and that seems a little off to me (the people being contrite part, not people believing the expression of contrition).
As mentioned, your grammar is awful. That's the main thing that sticks out on the current version.

And yes, partially because of how overly dramatic the statement is in its contrition for smoking pot, it comes across as insincere. Maybe you're the odd one out who is truly contrite about smoking a harmless substance (I don't know why you would be), but I'm pretty sure no one is actually buying that story. Just say that you learned your lesson and haven't been in trouble since. And learn how to use punctuation.

Lawschoolsenpai

New

Post by Lawschoolsenpai » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:08 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Lawschoolsenpai wrote:

As mentioned, your grammar is awful. That's the main thing that sticks out on the current version.

And yes, partially because of how overly dramatic the statement is in its contrition for smoking pot, it comes across as insincere. Maybe you're the odd one out who is truly contrite about smoking a harmless substance (I don't know why you would be), but I'm pretty sure no one is actually buying that story. Just say that you learned your lesson and haven't been in trouble since. And learn how to use punctuation.
Oh wow thanks, this turned out to be pretty constructive criticism. I'm from a very conservative household so the issues it led to with my family did make it something which all things considered I regret. I also have no problem with the idea
of people smoking put in vacuum but obviously like everything else in life it can with the addition of other factors not be the best course of action for some people such as myself.

I will work on the grammar and tone down the contrition so it does not come off as being insincere :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”