Application date question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kjr

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:50 am

Application date question

Postby kjr » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 am

Hi,
I have found this page very helpful for many question about applying to law school. One question, however, I am not finding an answer to.

So I will be applying to law school this cycle. I will graduate spring '18, and will be taking my first LSAT in december. Until I have my numbers from the LSAT is doesn't make sense to actually narrow down schools, however, I was wondering if it makes sense to complete the application on LSAC prior to December, to have it ready once the LSAT results come in?
Specifically, I am wondering about the transcripts, should I have my current transcripts transferred to LSAC now, or wait till the grades come out end of this semester, late December? GPA probably won't change, currently at 3.98-4.0 (depending if transfer credits are calculated, got one B in math in previous school)
Does having the current transcripts uploaded, help to get fee waivers for example?

cavalier1138

Gold
Posts: 4954
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Application date question

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:01 am

Doesn't matter when you upload them, but you should check individual apps to see if schools demand fall semester grades before they make a decision. And it won't affect fee waivers, because those are sent out after you have an LSAT (and honestly, I'm not sure that you still get those automatic fee waiver offers in the December wave, because that puts you later in the cycle).

kjr

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Application date question

Postby kjr » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:04 am

cavalier1138 wrote:Doesn't matter when you upload them, but you should check individual apps to see if schools demand fall semester grades before they make a decision. And it won't affect fee waivers, because those are sent out after you have an LSAT (and honestly, I'm not sure that you still get those automatic fee waiver offers in the December wave, because that puts you later in the cycle).



Hey, thanks for the quick reply! So I figure, I also won't be possible to get fee waivers before LSAT scores are there? Just want to save money in the app process (expensive enough)

cavalier1138

Gold
Posts: 4954
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Application date question

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:08 am

kjr wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:Doesn't matter when you upload them, but you should check individual apps to see if schools demand fall semester grades before they make a decision. And it won't affect fee waivers, because those are sent out after you have an LSAT (and honestly, I'm not sure that you still get those automatic fee waiver offers in the December wave, because that puts you later in the cycle).



Hey, thanks for the quick reply! So I figure, I also won't be possible to get fee waivers before LSAT scores are there? Just want to save money in the app process (expensive enough)


Unless you qualify for a need-based waiver through LSAC, no. I'm not aware of any law schools that give waivers out without an LSAT score.

kjr

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Application date question

Postby kjr » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:09 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
kjr wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:Doesn't matter when you upload them, but you should check individual apps to see if schools demand fall semester grades before they make a decision. And it won't affect fee waivers, because those are sent out after you have an LSAT (and honestly, I'm not sure that you still get those automatic fee waiver offers in the December wave, because that puts you later in the cycle).



Hey, thanks for the quick reply! So I figure, I also won't be possible to get fee waivers before LSAT scores are there? Just want to save money in the app process (expensive enough)


Unless you qualify for a need-based waiver through LSAC, no. I'm not aware of any law schools that give waivers out without an LSAT score.



alright, thanks



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests