Pass-Fail Courses

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawsc2021

Pass-Fail Courses

Postby lawsc2021 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:44 am

Hi all!

I'm a junior, and I currently have two Pass-Fail grades in my transcript. Both grades are passes.

At my school, each academic course counts as one credit. And both of my Pass-Fail grades are half-credits that only offer Pass-Fail grading option - one was a PE class, and the other was a House course (a course taught by students).

However, this semester, I'm thinking of turning one of my full-credit academic course into Pass-Fail grading course. I plan on graduating early, so I am taking six classes this semester. And the workload is coming out to be a little too much, and it would be really great if I can take at least one class as Pass-Fail. Also, I'm hoping that adcoms will be a bit more understanding of my Pass-Fail course this semester, given the fact that I'm super overloading.

On the other hand, I don't know if adcoms will be able to tell that my PE and House course were only offered on Pass-Fail basis. And they might think that I slacked off with 3 Pass-Fail classes. On top of this, I also have one withdrawal (non-punitive) from my freshmen year.

What do you guys think? Should I change one of my six classes as a Pass-Fail course?

dabigchina

Re: Pass-Fail Courses

Postby dabigchina » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:11 am

Nobody will care as long as you pass. Nobody commended me on my stupidly busy course load in undergrad. They just dinged me for having a low GPA and moved on.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”